- An exciting and diverse management role encompassing strategy, creativity and hands on
- Benefit from a constant flow of interesting, heart-warming and sometimes confronting content to work with
Based on site with the animals at the Animal Care Centre in Malaga
About RSPCA WA
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) WA is the state’s leading voice in animal welfare. On an average day, we employ around 90 staff and receive support from an amazing group of volunteers. Together, our team works diligently toward preventing animal cruelty.
About this opportunity
This busy and challenging management role will develop and drive the organisation to deliver communications strategies that will not only increase understanding of RSPCA’s animal welfare activities but also heighten engagement with a diverse range of stakeholders. The role will also be the first point of call for all media responses and be responsible for publications and oversight of the digital communications strategy.
As a busy and demanding role with an ever expanding need for integrated communications, success will be achieved through a strategic approach, detailed planning and the development of key relationships with the media to create a stronger brand presence in the community.
This role also manages a team of three communications professionals.
- Develop and implement detailed communications strategies
- Drive media opportunities and grow media partnerships
- Produce high level written content for publications, media and management support
- Manage a creative and dynamic team
- Develop new strategies for supporter engagement
Skills & experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a corporate communications management role
- Exceptional writing skills across a variety of mediums
- Ability to drive and manage a team to success
- Detailed experience in communications planning and strategy
- Extensive experience in media and stakeholder liaison
- Good working knowledge of digital media and current engagement strategies
We confidently fight the good fight to prevent animal cruelty, we work hard, we’re highly skilled, we believe in what we do and we have a great time doing it! Working at RSPCA WA you get to develop your career in a dynamic environment, where you are challenged and learn something new every day. Plus on some days at work you may hear roosters crowing from your office, get to chat over a cupcake or meet our fans and furry friends at Perth’s biggest and premier pet event.
- It’s a rewarding day at work when everything you do counts toward a great cause!
- Free onsite parking
Discounted external veterinary services and RSPCA approved eggs
How to Apply
If you are a passionate communications manager seeking a career move that is much more than just a salary.
Applications must include a concise CV along with a covering statement outlining the skills and experience you would bring that would make the role sing and make the world a better place for animals.
For a confidential discussion please contact Maree Daniels, Executive Manager, Community Engagement on 9209 9341 for a confidential discussion.