Direct Marketing Specialist
- Join an organisation that positively impacts the lives of animals
- Use your creativity to develop and execute engaging direct marketing programs
- Benefit from a dynamic and supportive team environment that will challenge and inspire you
About RSPCA WA
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) WA is the state's leading voice in animal welfare. On an average day, we employ around 90 staff and we have the support of an amazing group of volunteers. Together, our team works diligently toward preventing animal cruelty.
About this opportunity
This newly created role will be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of direct response marketing activities for the organisation. The position will have a strong emphasis on direct mail but will also be responsible for the integration of a variety of direct response activities including online, print and telemarketing.
The position will also focus on donor stewardship, and retention and conversion strategies, delivered through a well-planned donor journey. This will be supported through meaningful programs, robust processes and engaging communications, which will be integral in meeting growth targets.
Please note, this is not a general marketing role and applicants will need to demonstrate a high level of experience in the direct marketing field.
- Working with the Fundraising Development Manager, develop and execute a range of sustainable direct response fundraising activities that support income growth for the organisation to meet its strategic goals.
- Detailed analysis of activities to determine effectiveness and areas for improvements.
- Coordination within the team to develop processes to support best practice donor response.
- Keep up to date on current direct fundraising response strategies, trends and other marketplace developments to ensure programs remain relative and effective.
- Identify and build meaningful relationships with key stakeholder groups, internally and externally.
- Actively contribute to the organisations communications and marketing activities.
- A fundraising background with experience in a similar role would be highly regarded but is not essential. Candidates from commercial and agency backgrounds are also welcome.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a direct marketing role, preferably in the not for profit sector.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications (marketing, communications, fundraising).
- Proven success developing and executing direct mail and retention strategies across multiple channels.
- Proven experience in data analysis and segmentation, ideally using Raiser's Edge or similar CRM systems.
- Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong internal and external stakeholder management experience.
We confidently fight the good fight to prevent animal cruelty, we work hard, we’re highly skilled, we believe in what we do and we have a great time doing it! Working at RSPCA WA you get to develop your career in a dynamic environment, where you are challenged and learn something new every day. Plus on some days at work you may hear roosters crowing from your office, get to chat over a cupcake or meet our fans and furry friends at Perth’s biggest and premier pet event.
- It's a rewarding day at work when everything you do counts toward a great cause!
- Based on site with the animals at the Animal Care Centre in Malaga
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted external veterinary services and RSPCA approved eggs
How to Apply
If you are a direct marketing professional looking for a role that will challenge and inspire APPLY NOW.
Applications must include the following;
- Cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria requirements above and your salary expectations
- Concise CV including two recent work related referees
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are genuinely interested in this role and require additional information please email email@example.com.