Education & Community Outreach Coordinator
Join Australia’s leading animal welfare charity and help fight animal cruelty.
RSPCA WA is seeking a highly motivated and organised person, who is passionate about bringing the Animal Welfare message to the Western Australian community.
The Education and Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the development, coordination and delivery of targeted community education programs where the outcomes are a reduction or prevention of cruelty to animals and improved knowledge of the requirements of responsible pet ownership within the community at large.
Programs may be delivered in a variety of contexts including but not limited to; schools, direct individual contact, community events and programs, and guest speaking.
This role works with internal and external stakeholders to research and gain insights into critical animal welfare issues in the community and locations of increased animal welfare reports to develop localised programs in recognised cruelty hot spots.
- Knowledge of the Animal Welfare Act 2002 and a good understanding of significant animal welfare issues in WA
- Knowledge of Western Australian education system and understanding of the development of school curriculum.
- Experience in the development of external networks.
- Demonstrated ability to research community issues and develop targeted programs in response to findings.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with, influence and connect with at risk individuals, community groups, the general public and stakeholders (including ability / comfort with public speaking and presentations)
- Excellent written skills with demonstrated ability to develop a case for support or experience in grant writing.
- High degree of self-motivation with the ability to often work independently and effectively managing work load to meet deadlines and support organisational goals in a dynamic workplace.
- Ability to analyse and report on outcomes of programs for internal development and in response to stakeholder or sponsorship requirements.
- High level of computer skills in the suite of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Sound knowledge of animal care and handling.
- Ability to work with wide stakeholder groups
Additional requirements specific to this role:
The ability to perform this role will also be reliant on the candidate having or able to gain:
- A current Working with Children card
- A police clearance
- A current driver’s license valid for both manual and automatic transmission vehicles
How to Apply
For more information on the key responsibilities and requirements of the role, please read this Position Description.
Applications are to be made through Seek - Education and Community Outreach Coordinator Job in Perth - SEEK
Applications must include:
- a concise CV
- a covering statement outlining the skills and experience you would bring to this role
- your salary expectations.
Applications close: 5pm on Friday, 5 February 2021.