Event Support Coordinator
Part-time (20 hours per week)
12 month contract - potential for extension
- Rewarding full time role with Australia's largest animal welfare charity
- Based in Malaga onsite with the animals, 21 minutes North of Perth, with free parking
- Benefit from a dynamic and supportive team environment that will challenge and inspire you
About this opportunity
A new opportunity exists for a highly organised and energetic events gun to join the Community Events team providing detailed logistical support to the extensive array of national and state based fundraising events for RSPCA WA.
As the key person on the ground pulling together the elements to ensure successful and smoothly run events you will be passionate about the detail and fastidious in ensuring every little element is taken care of to the event can really shine.
With a small team and high profile events the role is fast paced and full of variety and most of all rewarding as you assist in bringing the community together to raise funds to save animals.
We are looking for a time efficient, vibrant no fuss candidate who knows what they are doing and gets on with making it happen, takes pride in seeing it all come together and enjoys the added challenge of fundraising at events.
Of course you will need to be comfortable with having a dog or two hanging around in the office on any given day!
The role will be mainly responsible for supporting the team with logistical elements of event coordination which will include aspects such as booking permits, bump ins, arrangements with suppliers, exhibitors, prizes, ticketing and collateral.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised and enjoy administrative tasks.
The role will also need to assist with:
- Engaging with event participants and fundraisers and support elements of peer to peer fundraising
- Helping members of the public with individual fundraising requirements
- Working with groups of volunteers to bring together event elements
- Assist the wider Community Engagement team to support activations and fundraising initiatives
- Provide direction on technology suitable to support and improve events
- Seek in-kind support or supplies at discounted rates
Monthly tracking of event activities against the operational plan
Skills and experience
To be able to hit the ground running it is essential that you have two years' prior experience in an events role. Experience in the not for profit sector will be highly regarded.
Given the role will be working on multiple activities at any one time, it will also be essential to be highly organised and have under your belt proven methods of keeping on top of multiple tasks and working to deadlines.
The right candidate will also:
- Be highly flexible in relation to sharing tasks and responsibilities with a focus on achieving goals of the organisation as the first priority
- Detail orientated with excellent administration skills
- Energetic and time efficient
- Have a resourceful and creative approach to the fundraising space
- A current driver's license
- Good physical fitness
- Possess a strong commitment and passion for the cause
Working at RSPCA WA, you get to develop your career in a dynamic environment, where you are challenged and learn something new every day. The Community Engagement team is supportive, cause-driven and made up of experienced fundraisers. There are often animals in the office so pats and cuddles are free and welcomed.
- Ample free on-site parking
- Discounted veterinary services with an external vet
- Friendly team environment
How to apply
If this role sounds like it will satisfy you skills and need to be organised and challenged, don't delay and apply now because the animals need you!
For more information on the key responsibilities and requirements please click here to view the position description.
Applications must include a concise CV along with a covering statement outlining the skills and experience you would bring to this role and your salary expectations.
Please email your application to email@example.com.
Applications close Wednesday 28th February 2018.