- About >
Events Coordinator - Full Time
- Busy high profile events role with Australia's largest animal welfare charity
- Based in Malaga onsite with the animals, 21 minutes North of Perth, with free parking
- Diverse fundraising events portfolio including national and local events
About this opportunity
Working in the small and close knit Community Fundraising Team, the Event Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the RSPCA’s high profile national events Million Paws Walk, Cup Cake Day and a number of other state based events.
Whilst a challenging role bringing together large scale events to meet fundraising goals, it is always exciting with room for creativity, implementing new fundraising activities, collaborating with counterparts at RSPCA’s across the country and did we mention that you would need to be comfortable with having a dog hanging around in the office on any given day!
Every day is busy and therefore we are seeking an experienced and resilient events person who is calm under pressure and thrives on multitasking and meeting deadlines.
Guided by the Community Fundraising Manager, the role is responsible for delivering the full event process within budget from all administrative aspects, logistical planning and manual tasks, event execution, reporting and evaluation.
To be successful in this challenging and rewarding role you will need to be organised, flexible and have a great attitude and a willingness to succeed.
The position will require some weekend and after hours work.
- Coordination of all RSPCA WA fundraising events to a high professional standard from start to finish which includes; all aspects of planning, logistics, financial targets and budgeting, internal/external stakeholder engagement, post event analysis, reporting recommendations
- Develop new initiatives and activations for increasing event participation and fundraising outcomes
- Work with events staff nationally to enable all national elements of events such as website, merchandise, incentive plans and more
- Develop strategies to recruit and engage event participants and support their fundraising activities
- Manage event equipment, promotional infrastructure and signage and including internal coordination, ordering, storage, distribution and stock levels
- Oversee and engage with volunteers recruited to help with event activities
Skills & experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar level events role
- Demonstrated experience of event project management, including developing event plans and budgets
- Ability to multitask, remain calm under pressure and control/maintain processes, people and tasks in a fast paced environment
- Experience in building supplier relationships and negotiating in kind support
- Proven ability to provide detailed evaluation of event results and ability to interpret findings and recommend solutions for continual improvement in financial performance and participant satisfaction
- Advanced computer skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, CRM database and website reporting
- Current manual drivers licence and reliable vehicle
- Experience in the not for profit sector will be highly regarded
It’s the nature of community fundraising and events that every day is busy with lots to do. There are amazing rewards though working with a supportive team who are cause-driven and made up of experienced fundraisers not to mention the incredible supporters, volunteers and sponsors who are all part of the wider team contributing to making our community free of animal cruelty.
Most days there are animals in the office so pats and cuddles are free and welcomed!
- Ample free on-site parking
- Discounted veterinary services with an external vet
- Friendly team environment
- Grow your events experience through engaging with counterparts across the country
How to apply
If this role sounds like it will satisfy your need to be organised and challenged, don't delay and apply now because the animals need you!
For more information on the key responsibilities and requirements please click here to view the position description.
Applications must include a detailed CV along with a covering letter (two pages) outlining the skills and experience you would bring to this role and your salary expectations.
All applications to be submitted via the job listing on Seek.