- About >
RSPCA Inspector - Metro - Part Time
About RSPCA WA
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) WA is the state's leading voice in animal welfare. RSPCA WA is managed locally but works toward the goals of the organisation Australia-wide. On an average day, we employ around 90 staff and we have the support of an amazing group of volunteers. Together, our team works diligently toward preventing animal cruelty.
About this opportunity
This is our key front-line role in responding to reports of animal cruelty. The Inspector reports to the Deputy Chief Inspector and works as part of a dedicated team whose efforts are directed at preventing animal cruelty through public education programs, investigating public reports and prosecuting offenders who breach the Animal Welfare Act.
This role is a 12 month contract.
- Respond to public reports of alleged animal cruelty & emergency welfare situations
- Identify & action immediate solutions to protect the health & well-being of animals
- Conduct investigations to establish evidence to support prosecutions
- Work with RSPCA WA's Legal Counsel to enable prosecutions
- Actively participate in community engagement to deliver preventative strategies
- Engage with & educate members of the public to enhance responsible animal ownership
Skills & experience
- Experience in a regulatory, law enforcement or compliance discipline desirable
- Sound understanding of the Animal Welfare Act
- Practiced and objective investigator, with exceptional record keeping
- Outstanding communication skills, with an ability to maintain professionalism in tough situations
- Demonstrated animal handling skills, good physical fitness & health
Working at RSPCA WA you get to develop your career in a dynamic environment, where you are challenged and learn something new every day.
- It's a rewarding day at work when everything you do counts toward a great cause!
- Free onsite parking in Malaga
- Discounted services with an external vet and RSPCA Approved eggs
How to Apply