- Do you want your career to genuinely make a difference to the lives of animals?
- Are you a future focussed, optimistic veterinary leader looking for a new challenge?
- Join an exceptionally friendly, close-knit team for a rare and rewarding opportunity to play a lead role in the next exciting phase of RSPCA WA
- Great hours, and no private clients!
- Based at the Animal Care Centre in Malaga
About RSPCA WA
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) WA is the state’s leading voice in animal welfare. On an average day, we employ around 90 staff and we have the support of an amazing group of volunteers. Together, our team works diligently toward preventing animal cruelty.
About this opportunity
This exciting position, reporting to the new Executive Manager Animal Services, takes responsibility for leading the veterinary clinic at RSPCA WA. The successful candidate will spend an equal amount of time performing and upskilling other team members in clinical duties, as time spent developing, growing and enhancing the clinic. In addition to the varied and interesting case load where your skill and expertise changes lives, we are seeking someone with a passion for driving the clinic forward in regards to process, caseload, skillset and partnerships.
- Routine clinical duties such as examinations, procedures and surgeries, as well as non-routine opportunities as they arise
- Provide leadership, and upskill and develop other team members in surgical and/or medical procedures
- Think strategically to innovate and continuously improve processes and policies to ensure RSPCA WA is able to help as many animals as possible
- Manage a friendly, small team towards exceptional performance and engagement
Skills & experience
- A veterinary qualification registerable with the Veterinary Surgeons Board of Western Australia
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement, process development and/or business development
- Very high level of surgical and/or medical skills, and ability to teach others
We confidently fight the good fight to prevent animal cruelty, we work hard, we’re highly skilled, we believe in what we do and we have a great time doing it! Working at RSPCA WA you get to develop your career in a dynamic environment, where you are challenged and learn something new every day. Plus on some days you could arrive at work wearing a onesie, chat over a cupcake or meet our fans and furry friends at Perth’s biggest and premier pet event.
- It’s a rewarding day at work when everything you do counts toward a great cause!
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted external veterinary services and RSPCA approved eggs
How to Apply