- Education >
- Community Outreach Presentations
Community Outreach Presentations
RSPCA WA works directly with young people and community groups in Perth, delivering presentations with the aim of educating the public about animal welfare and responsible pet ownership, while sharing the story of the world’s oldest animal charity.
Through these presentations we aim to:
- Promote responsible pet ownership
- Promote empathy and the appropriate treatment of all animals, based on their welfare needs
- Raise awareness amongst young people of safety around animals with an emphasis on cats and dogs
- Reduce the number of unwanted and abandoned cats and dogs in communities
- Reduce anti-social behaviour involving animals
- Raise awareness of appropriate RSPCA campaigns
Our presentations focus on The 5 Freedoms in an effort to promote a high standard of animal welfare in WA. The content of our presentations depend on the age group of the audience, as well as previous knowledge and experience. We can present to all ages, from kindy right up to adults. Please note, dogs may not be available for all visits.
As we have limited volunteer speakers, please place your booking as soon as possible to ensure we can cater to your request. To place your booking please fill in this electronic form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer speaker to deliver these presentations, please click here for more information.
Please note, we do not charge for presentations. We do however, request a gold coin donation from attendees. We also appreciate any donation of dog/cat biscuits as well as towels, blankets and sheets.