Foster carers wanted!
Foster carers provide a temporary home for animals which are not yet able to be placed up for adoption including:
- Orphan puppies and kittens who are not old enough to be re-homed
- Pregnant animals and queens with kittens/bitches with puppies who need a stable and loving environment to raise their young
- Animals recovering from short-term, treatable illnesses
- Animals who have had surgery and are recovering
- Cats who are timid or not coping in a shelter setting who require a quiet home and TLC
- Dogs with mild behavioural concerns who could require behavioural enrichment or similar (all dogs have been assessed by our Behaviour Team and will go into foster with a detailed behaviour plan to assist you)
- Horses and livestock who would benefit from having more space than our shelter has to offer
The RSPCA provides everything you require to care for a fostered animal including food, bedding, kitty litter, litter trays, food bowls, carry cages, toys, leads/harnesses/collars and anything else you can think of to ensure there is no financial cost to you. We also provide on-going training and support for all carers.
As a foster carer we need you to be able to provide a safe, calm, loving environment for any animal in your care and you must also have your own transport to be able to collect foster animals and bring them to the shelter regularly for check-ups.
We are holding an information session for new foster carers on Saturday 5th April 2014 at 9.15am which will be expected to run for approximately 2 hours and will be followed by morning tea. Please register your attendance by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 9209 9335. If you are keen to foster but cannot make it to this session, please do make contact and we can arrange to speak to you individually.
We look forward to meeting you soon!