RSPCA Animal Welfare Seminar 2019
Save the date! RSPCA Australia’s 2019 Animal Welfare Seminar will be held on Friday 22 February 2019 at the Alastair Swayne Theatre at Canberra Airport.
Key themes for this year’s seminar are -
- Selective breeding for improved production – impacts on welfare of farm animals
- Traditional breeding – e.g. mules-free Merinos, slower-growing broilers
- Marker-assisted breeding – e.g. polled beef cattle
- Gene editing – e.g. hornless dairy cattle, in-ovo sex determination
- Cellular agriculture – e.g. egg-free egg white, cow-free milk, in vitro meat
- Genetics and ethics – e.g. what implications do gene technologies have for animal welfare
- Genetics and consumers – e.g. consumer/retailer acceptance of products resulting from gene technologies
- General – traditional breeding, gene editing, CRISPR, etc: what’s it all about?
- General – gene technology and animal welfare: the dos and don’ts
- General – genetic selection for temperament, robustness, mothering ability, etc
Find out more here rspca.org.au/facts/science/animal-welfare-seminar/2019